Vicki Steine – Nutrition for Mental Health Certification
What you’ll learn in Nutrition for Mental Health Certification
Here’s what you’ll learn in this certificate training…
- Improve mood and behavior in clients using micro-and macronutrients
- Ideas for practical, affordable and individualized diets along with optimal cooking methods and recipes
- Safely and ethically apply integrated and nutritional medicine within your professional discipline’s scope of practice
- Improve assessment by learning to differentiate between a clinical presentation of mental illnesses vs. nutritional and/or hormonal imbalances
- Customize treatment plans through six unique nutritional methods for clients with mood lability
- Nourish both the brain and the gut, the “second brain,” through key nutrients
- Learn to identify gluten and casein sensitivity with the presentation of depression, psychosis and ASD in clients
- Implement evidence-based protocols for nutritional and herbal approaches for six DSM-5® categories
- Evaluate how client eating patterns may influence their mental health by using a food-mood assessment tool
- Increase compliance by using the DSM-5® Cultural Formulation tool to inform your treatment planning process
- Prevent side effects of polymedicine use through evaluation of drug-nutrient-herbal interactions
- Decrease dissociative symptoms in clients through stage-specific anaerobic and aerobic exercise and self-care methods
- Improve focus for clients with anxiety disorders with breathing techniques to reduce hyperventilation
- Adapt complementary and alternative methods for children and teens with behavioral and mental health disorders such as ADHD and ODD
- Learn when psychotropic medications, herbal medicines, and nutrients can be harmful to clients
- Improve anxiety and depression symptoms with essential fatty acids
- Discover how circadian rhythm contributes to depression, PTSD and bipolar disorder
- Evaluate the impact of blood sugar and genetic variations on mental health disorders and effective treatment
About Vicki Steine
Vicki Steine, DSc, LCSW, BCHN, IFNCP, has been a social worker for more than 25 years, working in both inpatient and outpatient settings, and works with children and adults with ADHD, anxiety, depression, OCD, Tourettes’ syndrome, addiction, and trauma in her private practice in the Atlanta area. Dr. Steine received her Master’s in Social Work from the University of Georgia and her Doctorate of Science in Holistic Nutrition from Hawthorn University.
She is Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition through the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, a Nutrition Certified Practitioner through the Integrated and Functional Nutrition Academy and is a member of the National Association of Social Workers. Dr. Steine enjoys combining her skills as a social worker and nutrition educator to help her clients who struggle with staying organized, keeping focused at work or school, and overcoming the anxiety and depression that often prevents them from fully living their lives.
She integrates nutrition, mind-body exercises, and traditional psychotherapy methods, like Cognitive Behavior Therapy, to help her clients get on with living their lives optimally. She has spoken at many conferences and delivered workshops providing education to professionals and lay people alike on the benefits of nutrition and improving mental health. Dr. Steine has had personal success using a holistic approach, including nutrition and supplements, to recover from a near death boating accident and an episode of debilitating depression.
More courses from the same author: Vicki Steine
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
There are no reviews yet.