Janina Fisher – Healing the Fragmented Selves of Trauma Survivors
Because trauma lives in the body, traditional talk therapy cannot access the deeply rooted, pervasive wounds that complex trauma leaves behind. Many traumatized clients present with overlapping symptoms including self-hatred, self-alienation, addition, internal conflict, numbing or shame.
With these clients, you may constantly feel stuck treating surface-level symptoms or the “crisis of the week.” As a result, you are left overwhelmed and frustrated that you can never get to treating the trauma, despite your best efforts.
Go beyond symptom reduction and take your work with traumatized clients to a whole new level by implementing this transformational approach to trauma treatment.
Watch world-renowned complex trauma and attachment expert Janina Fisher in this intensive workshop recording. Her cutting-edge approach will shift your clinical perspective so you’ll see your client not as a traumatized whole person, but rather as fragmented pieces that are in need of healing.
Over the two days of this course, Janina will teach you to go beyond treating surface-level symptoms and give you the tools you need to look at trauma treatment through a whole new lens. Janina’s innovative approach integrates Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems, and Ego State Therapy to get to the root of the problem where trauma can truly be processed.
Janina will teach you how to help clients struggling with suicidal and self-destructive impulses, loss of identity, and self-hatred caused by childhood trauma. You’ll walk away with the skills you need to help your fragmented and traumatized clients achieve self-compassion and acceptance of all aspects of self.
Through real-life, in-session videos, practical mindfulness exercises, and unique insight from the field of neuroscience, you’ll learn powerful strategies to use in your practice to overcome the devastating impacts of childhood abuse and repair childhood wounds.
Trauma & Attachment
- Neglect, abuse & attachment formation
- Traumatic attachment
- Early attachment & shaping attachment to self
- Internal attachment styles
Fragmentation an Adaption to Trauma
- Identify manifestations of self-alienation
- Recognize self-alienation as a survival strategy
- Split brain & conflicting defensive strategies
- Primary structural dissociation vs. secondary
- What to do when the parts highjack the body
- Repair internal attachments
- Help clients overcome the challenge of self-acceptance
Sensorimotor Psychotherapy and Fragmentation
- Sensorimotor principles of treatment
- Prerequisites for successful treatment
- Mindfulness & psychoeducation
- Implications of procedurally learned patterns
- Autonomic adaptation
- Teach clients skills to regulate arousal
- Somatic resources for traumatic reactions
How the Parts Dominate: Blending
- The questions trauma survivors don’t know to ask
- Blending Unblending: step-by-step
- Sensorimotor approaches to unblending
Internal Family Systems: Befriending our Parts
- Awaken an observer
- Help clients achieve distance from symptoms
- Decoding: identify parts
- Speak the language of parts to decrease phobia of traumatized parts
- Encourage self-leadership
Connecting to One’s Parts for Inner Healing
- Recognize the role each part plays in survival
- Assist clients with learning to “ask inside”
- Facilitate internal communication
- What does each part need?
- Establish relationships with parts
- Cultivate empathy for the parts
- The befriending questions
From Alienation to Attachment
- Rupture & repair of internal attachment
- Provide missing experiences for parts
- Role of mentalization
- Requirements of integration
- What to do when clients get highjacked
- Utilize the Social Engagement system
- Limitations of Research & Potential Risk
More courses from the same author: Janina Fisher
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
There are no reviews yet.