Description Of 84 Postures for Strength, Flexibility, Fitness and Longevity
Achieve body-mind unity with Simon Borg-Olivier, through his multidisciplinary approach and his physiotherapy-enhanced take on 84 key yoga postures that are commonly taught and practised in most modern yoga classes, fitness classes, and as many gymnastics, martial arts and dance classes. These practices result in strength, flexibility, fitness, internal health, well-being and longevity.
SIMON EXPLAINS WHAT HE IS DOING IN THIS COURSE
(Which was filmed in front of a live audience over a 24-hour set of sessions over 3 days)
- Anatomical precision for each of the 84 main postures & their many variations
- Physiological precision – Guiding principles for an efficient practice on a physiological level (eg. internal organs, immune system, hormones etc.) to enhance health, wellness & longevity
- Knowledge of opposing muscle co-activation (bandhas) – to protect your joints & control the flow of energy in your body
- Body alignment tailored for individual needs and overall safety in each posture
- Detailed instructions on how to work with each main joint complex (ankles, knees, hips, waist/lower back, chest/upper back, neck, shoulders, elbows & wrists) to enhance strength, flexibility & fitness
What you’ll learn in 84 Postures for Strength, Flexibility, Fitness and Longevity
WHAT YOU GET IN THE COURSE
50 sessions (total duration: 20 hours)
Unlimited access to the online streaming video sessions
Comprehensive notes for each video on the course
- the purpose of yoga
- practice guidelines
- the applied anatomy & physiology of yoga
- 18 bandhas (co-activations of opposing muscles around each joint complex)
- basic postures involving bending forward
- standing postures
- abdominal postures
- postures involving bending backwards
- postures with forward bending & backward bending components
- salute to the sun postures & movements
- floor postures
- inversions, preparations & effective neck releasing postures
- seated finishing postures
- seated meditation & supine relaxation
- led-practice session of simple postures
- demonstration of advanced postures
Here is some video material from the course
- SIMON GIVES A 30-MINUTE VOICE-EXPLAINING THE INNER WORKINGS OF THE BODY DURING HIS SIMPLE (BEGINNER) TO COMPLEX (ADVANCED) POSTURAL DEMONSTRATION
- SIMON OFFERS CRUCIAL TIPS FOR DOING A BACKWARD FLIPOVER MOVMENT
- SIMON EXPLAINING THE ESSENCE OF VINYASA
- TWISTING FROM YOUR CORE FOR STRENGTH & FLEXIBILITY
Who is this course for
This course is excellent for practitioners from beginners to advanced levels of any activities involving posture, movement & breathing in modern yoga, fitness, gymnastics, martial arts, and dance who want to practice and/or teach their art more safely and effectively.
About Simon Borg-Olivier
Simon Borg-Olivier, MScBAppSc (Physiotherapy) APAM c-IAYT, has been practising traditional forms of posture, movement, breathing, and mental control for 50 years. He has been teaching for 38 years and has been a registered physiotherapist for 23 years.
Simon also works as a research scientist and a University lecturer. He has been regularly invited to teach about lifestyle, posture, movement, breathing and meditation at conferences, festivals and intensive teacher training courses internationally since 1990.
He is also co-director of YogaSynergy, one of Australia’s oldest and most respected yoga schools, which has a style based on a deep understanding of modern medical science and traditional forms of exercise and therapy from all over the world.
Simon has studied with great traditional masters from Tibet, Japan, India and China. Along with his business partner and fellow physiotherapist, Bianca Machliss, Simon has co-authored many books and scientific articles including ‘Applied Anatomy and Physiology of Yoga’, which is the textbook for two undergraduate and postgraduate courses they teach at RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia.
Currently, Simon conducts intensive training courses in India, Bali, Europe and Australia. He also teaches many online courses on the applications of posture, movement and breathing and mental control, for fitness, internal health, wellbeing and longevity.
Whether a novice, advanced practitioner or long-time teacher, you will benefit greatly from this online course.
More courses from the same author: Simon Borg-Olivier
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.