Marty Morales – Visceral Bodywork: Heart and Lungs (3.0 CEUs)
Description Of Visceral Bodywork: Heart and Lungs (3.0 CEUs)
Manual Therapy Techniques for the Heart and Lung
Do you want to access deep layers of the body to your clients feel better?
Working with the viscera can have profound effects both physically and emotionally. I find visceral bodywork is a great tool for when my go-to approaches aren’t making the changes I’d like to see. But knowing how to access these territories can be difficult without the proper instructions.
Both the heart and the lungs are protected by the rib cage in ways that make it hard to even fathom how we could even begin to affect them. This course is meant to offer you the skills and knowledge necessary to do just that.
Working these territories can be helpful for:
- Recovery from surgery
- Posture related issues
- Breath related issues
- Recovery from illness
- Emotional wellness
You may be thinking, “there’s no way I can actually work the heart or lungs and make a difference for my client”. I get it! It’s hard to imagine if you’ve never seen it done. But this one of a kind course will give you the opportunity to learn how to do just that. Instead of just working the musculature of the thorax, you will know how to access and even deeper layer and be able to address the viscera of this territory to help your clients feel better.
What you’ll learn in Visceral Bodywork: Heart and Lungs (3.0 CEUs)
In this course, we will:
- Discuss the basic anatomy and functions of the heart and lung
- Discuss common causes of visceral restriction
- Demonstrate a variety of bodywork techniques to access the heart, lung, and diaphragm (demonstrated on a live model)
- Discuss and demonstrate proper body mechanics for working safely and effectively
- Demonstrate how to use the Morales Method® Concepts of Palpation to create sessions that are tailored to the unique needs of each client
- Have an in-depth Q&A’s from students of the live class and with our model, Caroline, on the intricacies of working the heart and lungs and what it feels like to receive the work
- Provide you with a detailed PDF reviewing all topics and techniques taught in the course and the Morales Method® Concepts of Palpation
This course focuses its instruction on how to palpate and connect with layers of tissue that are deep inside the body. Doing this work requires you to hone your listening and palpation skills to an expert level that will ultimately take all your skills as a bodyworker to the next level.
Introduction to Visceral Bodywork
- Course Handout
- What is Visceral Bodywork? (5:00)
- General Visceral Anatomy (4:59)
- Causes of Visceral Restriction (4:56)
- Treatment Techniques (15:46)
- A Discussion on End Range (10:49)
- Introduction to the Lungs (9:10)
- Quick Skelton Demonstration (4:06)
- Right Lung in Supine Part 1 (11:40)
- Right Lung in Supine Part 2 (8:57)
- Left Lung in Supine (14:46)
- Left Lung in Side-lying (9:15)
- Working the Diaphragm (15:08)
- Lungs- Q&A (9:11)
- Introduction to the Heart (5:24)
- Anterior Heart Work- Part 1 (11:38)
- Anterior Heart Work- Part 2 (13:41)
- Working the Heart with Both Hands (17:42)
- Heart-Q&A (16:39)
About Marty Morales
- Certified Advanced Rolfer®, CMT
- Founder of the Morales Method® of Manual Therapy & Body Conditioning
- NCBTMB and FL State Massage Board (50-31259) approved continuing education provider
- Creator of the Morales Method® Academy of Structural Integration
- Author: Deep Tissue Bodywork- A New Approach to a Classic Modality, Mastering Body Mechanics, 2nd Ed, and Morales Method® Core Integration Therapy
- Teaching since 2006
- Marty has taught in California, Nevada, Washington, Florida, Japan, Switzerland, Poland, and Taiwan
- In private practice since 2003 with over 10,000 hours of private practice logged
- MBA in Finance from Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- Read testimonials from previous students here.
More courses from the same author: Marty Morales
There are no reviews yet.