Dr. Richard Nongard – Hypnotic Intervention Step-By-Step Processes and Techniques for Hypnosis with Alcohol and Drug Addiction
They say “nicotine is as addictive as heroin” and the research shows hypnosis is one of the most effective treatments for nicotine dependency. One has to wonder then why hypnosis is not more widely used in the treatment of drug and alcohol addiction?
In this two-day seminar you will learn from two of the nation’s foremost authorities on the use of hypnosis methods for ending the cycle of addiction, stopping compulsive behavior, and control physical withdrawal using hypnotic methods of intervention. Scott and Richard are experienced in working on treatment teams, and will share an integrative approach to using hypnotic methods in traditional counseling and treatment.
Consider these statistics:
- One in every eight Americans has a significant problem with alcohol or drugs
- Approximately 27 million Americans either use illicit drugs regularly or are “heavy drinkers.” Of these almost 16 million are estimated to need immediate treatment
- The estimated annual direct cost to our society resulting from substance abuse is more than 250 billion dollars
And these headlines from peer reviewed journals:
- 81% Reported They Had Stopped Smoking After Hypnosis (Texas A&M University)
- Significantly More Methadone Addicts Quit with Hypnosis. 94% Remained Narcotic Free (American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Hypnosis shows a 77 percent success rate for at least a 1-year follow-up (American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Hypnosis is a successful method to treat addictions. (American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis)
You can earn 12 Hours of Approved Continuing Education and learn specific methods for relapse prevention, detoxification and behavioral change. This two day seminar will provide hypnotic scripts, lectures, notes and assessment tools for both hypnotherapy and counseling settings.
In this seminar, professionals will learn both how to integrate hypnosis into other treatment modalities, including (but not limited to) 12-step programs. This seminar will not teach a “this over that” approach, but rather a holistic approach integrating hypnosis, NLP, spirituality and medically based solutions to the problem of addiction.
This seminar will teach Professionals to:
- Utilize trance as a method of recovery from alcohol and drug abuse
- Integrate NLP patterns into successful change work for drug and alcohol abusing clients
- Work both in private practice as a hypnotist, or to integrate these methods into work with a treatment team in inpatient or outpatient settings.
Scott Sandland, Ch.t. is a full-time hypnotherapist, working in both inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol treatment programs. Although best known as the creator of HypnoThoughts.com, he is renowned for his skill in integrating hypnosis into traditional medical models of patient care. As the hypnotic member of interdisciplinary treatment teams he has been a leader in the field of drug and alcohol intervention.
Dr. Richard Nongard is a licensed psychotherapist, who has been providing addiction counseling and treatment for over 25 years. His contextualized approach does not see one-size treatment as fitting all, but rather, strives to integrate hypnosis and NLP to create client centered approaches that work in addiction recovery. He is the author of numerous textbooks in both counseling and clinical hypnotherapy.
More courses from the same author: Dr. Richard Nongard