With Scott Olsen, Ph.D and Lance Harding Ph.D
This 4 day workshop will cover the foundation principles of Sacred Geometry and the advanced practise of the Canon of the Human Body, and the Divine Proportion & Nature’s Elegant Principles of Design. To those who know how to approach her, Nature will lift her veil revealing a stunning system of elegant aesthetic delights. The Golden Section appearing at the center of it all, may well be the foundation of the most beautiful ratio in Nature, and the very bond that holds everything together through ratio, resonance and self-similar harmony at all levels. Includes a special evening lecture : Divine Proportion & the New Renaissance
The Elegant Principles of Design
To those who know how to approach her, Nature will lift her veil revealing a stunning system of elegant aesthetic delights. The Golden Section appearing at the center of it all, may well be the foundation of the most beautiful ratio in Nature, and the very bond that holds everything together through ratio, resonance and self-similar harmony at all levels.
In this intensive program, students will be introduced to how the Golden Section, the Divine Proportion, is the root source of Nature’s Eurhythmic Principles of Design. Scott and Lance will demonstrate the beauty, wisdom and pervasiveness of this golden mean in everything from DNA, plants, animals, humans and the solar system, to music, quarks, pyramids and hurricanes. Known to Plato and the initiates of classical Greece, the Golden Section’s ubiquitous presence in all things provides the means for our progressive unfoldment into higher states of consciousness, in what the ancients referred to as initiation into the mysteries.
Special evening with Scott and Lance, featuring a visual presentation and lecture/discussion.
Lecture Topic: Divine Proportion & the New Renaissance
PROFOUND NEW INSIGHTS into the dominating role of the DIVINE PROPORTION is taking the world of both science and aesthetics by storm. For example, on January 7, 2010 teams of physicists collaborating in England and Germany reported their empirical observation of the Golden Section as the principle of symmetry at the heart of Quantum Mechanics. In this visual presentation and discussion we will examine both the ANCIENT TRADITIONS and some of the recent STUNNING DISCOVERIES into the underlying role of a GOLDEN SECTION centered SYSTEM OF DYNAMIC SYMMETRY.
It now appears to be central to PHYSICS (winding number, fine structure constant, quark masses), the PERIODIC TABLE OF ELEMENTS, BIOLOGY (including PLANT PHYLLOTAXIS, GENETICS and DNA structure), HEART physiology, COMPUTER technology, ENCRYPTION, ASTRONOMY, MUSIC, WEATHER TURBULENCE, BEAUTY and the unfolding of CONSCIOUSNESS itself. A deep recognition is arising amongst many scholars, scientists, aestheticians and leading thinkers that the underlying MATHEMATICS OF HARMONY permeates all aspects of life. We are literally on the threshold of a NEW RENAISSANCE in consciousness studies, the sciences, and arts. Perhaps the most striking feature for many is that the SAME GOLDEN PRINCIPLE lies at the HEART of both BEAUTY and OPTIMAL FUNCTION in all fields.
Principles of Sacred Geometry: Theory & Practice
Scott A. Olsen, Ph.D. and C. Lance Harding, Ph.D.
BOTH 2-DAY WORKSHOPS WILL BE TEAM TAUGHT BY OLSEN & HARDING
Olsen and Harding, long-time students of Keith Critchlow and John Michell, will teach you foundational drawings and geometrical constructions in both plane and solid geometry. Woven around an ancient Egyptian, Pythagorean – Platonic philosophical background and honoring Nature’s fractal principles of design, we will examine the seven transformational (infinite and irrational) numbers of sacred geometry. The fundamentals and application of the Vesica Pisces, Rectangle of Genesis and the Golden Mandala will be explored. We will delve into the significance and application of the three Greek mean proportions. And finally participants will develop a deep understanding of the role of the Golden Section and Fibonacci and Lucas numbers in Nature and principles of design.
We intend to cover the foundational principles of Sacred Geometry in this 2-Day Workshop. It will be a grand introduction for anyone with some experience or even those new to the field. And it will serve as a thorough refresher and extension of important new insights for anyone already familiar with geometric drawings and constructions. We will be integrating into the workshop the basic Pythagorean/ Platonic insights of the most profound Ancient Wisdom taught anywhere on the planet. And we will introduce the use of the Golden Chalice Design Template. Participants will become thoroughly grounded in both geometric drawings and 3-dimensional model constructions. This 1st Workshop will provide all the necessary background and prerequisites to get the most out of the 2nd Advanced Workshop.
- VISUAL BACKGROUND: PYTHAGOREAN & PLATONIC TRADITION; DIVIDED LINE; PLATO’S GREAT MYSTERY IN THE TIMAEUS
- FOUNDATIONAL DRAWINGS: BASIC POLYGONS – TRIANGLE, SQUARE, HEXAGON, PENTAGON, VESICA PISCIS, OCTAGON, DECAGON, & DODECAGON
- ROOT & GOLDEN RECTANGLES
- THE SEVEN TRANSFORMATIONAL NUMBERS (INFINITE & IRRATIONAL)
- FIBONACCI AND LUCAS NUMBERS: NATURE’S METHOD OF DIVINE PROPORTION
- MEASUREMENTS OF PARTICIPANTS (VOLUNTARY)
- PRIMER ON RATIO, PROPORTION & APPLICATION OF THE THREE GREEK MEANS: ARTITHMETIC, HARMONIC & GEOMETRIC
- VISUAL INTRODUCTION: THE NEW GOLDEN PARADIGM: HOW IT MANIFESTS THROUGHOUT NATURE & THE COSMOS
- APPLICATIONS OF THE GOLDEN MANDALA, RECTANGLE OF GENESIS & VESICA PISCIS
- THE GOLDEN CHALICE OF ORION: WORKING WITH THE DESIGN TEMPLATE AS A TOOL THAT INTEGRATES and
- RESULTS OF MEASUREMENTS
- VISUAL INTERLUDE: MATHEMATICS OF HARMONY & THE GOAL OF EUCLID’S ELEMENTS
- CONSTRUCTING GEOMETRIC SOLIDS: 5 PLATONIC (REGULAR) & 13 ARCHIMEDEAN (SEMI-REGULAR) SOLIDS
- OVERVIEW & SUMMATION OF THE PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS OF HARMONY MATHEMATICS
Advanced Principles of Sacred Geometry & THE CANONS OF HUMAN PROPORTION: THEORY & PRACTICE with Scott A. Olsen, Ph.D. and C. Lance Harding, Ph.D.
Our focus will be the ideal Canon of the Human Body using sacred geometry. Participants will become familiar with canons from ancient Egypt (including the Old Kingdom, Amarna, and New Kingdom), Greek and Roman canons, Byzantine Christian, Medieval and Modern canons. Specifically we will examine and employ individual canon studies from Vitruvius (and his 10 measurements of the man in the square and circle), Leonardo da Vinci (geometry of his man in the square and circle), Cesariano (two drawings of man in the square and man in the circle), Desiderius Lenz (his canon of male and female geometry compared with Vitruvius), and Corbusier (golden proportion modular). Finally we will study both Harding’s application of the Golden Mandala to various historical works of art and design, and Olsen’s construction of the Golden Chalice of Orion (fusing together,, , , , and 1/) in one very practical design template.
Note: Workshop participants should bring a sketchpad, straight-edge, good pair of compasses (in American lingo simply called a compass), and pencils (regular & colored), and/ or pens, sharpener & eraser, transparency paper, masking tape and scissors. We will have some extra compasses, straight-edges and pencils available.
In this Advanced Workshop we will penetrate into the very sacred mysteries of the Canons of Human Proportion. These secrets were revealed during the initiatory experiences in the halls and temples of the ancient mystery traditions. But it was absolutely forbidden (on penalty of death) to reveal these tremendous revelations to the un-initiate. Having trained with the best sacred geometers in the world, studied the ancient traditions, and undergone our own inner revelations, we shall weave together what we know of these ancient mystery schools, and the deep insights and epiphanies engendered into the SECRET MYSTERIES OF NUMBER. And because “the whole Universe is enfolded into each part,” as David Bohm used to say, it follows that understanding the human canon allows one to know the Universal Canon. This is one Workshop you will not want to miss!
- ESOTERICA 1. SACRED GEOMETRY & INITIATION INTO THE EGYPTIAN & ELEUSINIAN MYSTERIES
- TWO CANONS OF EGYPTIAN PROPORTION
- POLYCLITUS & THE GREEK CANON OF PROPORTION
- VITRUVIUS THE INITIATE: 10 MEASUREMENTS OF MAN IN THE SQUARE AND CIRCLE
- THE RENAISSANCE: THE CENTRAL ROLE OF LUCA PACIOLI’S DIVINA PROPORTIONE
- CESARIANO, DURER & LEONARDO DAVINCI’S VITRUVIAN MAN
- ESOTERICA 2. THE SECRETS OF SYMMETRY & ASYMMETRY: DEEP INSIGHTS FROM SCHWALLER DE LUBICZ’S THE TEMPLE OF MAN, AND THE MAHATMA LETTERS IN THE BRITISH LIBRARY
- ESOTERICA 3. HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE, FRACTALIZATION & THE GOLDEN SCIENCES
- THE CANON OF PROPORTION OF FATHER DESIDERIUS LENZ
- THE PHI CANON OF ADOLF ZEISING
- LE CORBUSIER AND THE PHI MODULAR
- MODERN CANONS OF KEITH CRITCHLOW & PAUL RICHER
- ESOTERICA 4. THE ESOTERIC TETRAKTYS, AND GEORGE HENRY FELT & THE ROOTS OF THEOSOPHY
- ESOTERICA 5. DIVINE PROPORTION: RESONANCE, MICROTUBULES AND THE GREAT MYSTERY OF CONSCIOUSNESS & ITS TRANSFORMATION
* Workshop participants should have a sketchpad, straight-edge, good pair of compasses (in American lingo simply called a compass), and pencils (regular & colored), and/ or pens, sharpener & eraser, transparency paper, masking tape and scissors
The Golden Section, Natures greatest Secret By Scott Olsen
More courses from the same author: Scott Olsen