Diane Poole Heller – Working the Edge in Healing Trauma: Can Therapy Sometimes Be Too Safe?
While most therapists are sensitive to the hazards of retraumatizing clients by pushing them too far, too fast, what about the dangers of playing it too safe? When is too much risk avoidance a disservice to clients and an indication of the therapist’s overprotectiveness getting in the way of growth? In this workshop, we’ll look closely at how to understand clients’ threat threshold and establish an optimal pace in trauma recovery, drawing fully on their resilience and capacity for self-healing. Through video clips and demonstration, you will learn how to:
- Use resourcing and other methods to set up corrective experiences with clients learning how to handle increasing arousal and discomfort
- Recognize your own tendency to be overprotective and rescue vulnerable clients
- Invite and empower clients to face manageable challenges and find ways to test their own limits
What you’ll learn in Working the Edge in Healing Trauma
- Articulate strategies to leverage corrective experiences in treatment
- Summarize the effects of establishing therapeutic presence to help improve client engagement
- Summarize strategies to help clients test their own limits to improve clinical outcomes
- Summarize strategies to help reinforce resilience and capacity for self-healing in clients
Overview of working with disorganized attachment in trauma clients
- Identifying secure attachment
- Establishing safety and tracking in the body
Step-by-step discussion through client demonstration video
- How to directly untangle the disorganized attachment
- How to help clients “reclaim their light”
- How to use Polyvagal Theory to help our clients
Concluding remarks from Diane Poole Heller
- Final remarks on client outcomes
Who is this Working the Edge in Healing Trauma course for:
Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and other Behavioral Health Professionals
About Diane Poole Heller
Diane Poole Heller, Ph.D.: At a time when psychotherapists trained primarily in the “talking cure” are increasingly recognizing the need to “read” clients’ nonverbal communications, particularly those buried in early attachment issues, she has been a leader in addressing the unconscious issues that clients are often unable to express.
With an approach grounded in Attachment Theory, Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing method of trauma resolution, and spiritual healing techniques, she’s traveled around the world teaching integrative mind-body methods that deepen the resonance of the therapist–client bond.
More courses from the same author: Diane Poole Heller
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
There are no reviews yet.