Your Instructor Curtis Chang
PROFESSOR AT DUKE DIVINITY SCHOOL AND SENIOR FELLOW AT FULLER THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
ANXIETY IS A UNIVERSAL CONDITION…
DURING THIS PANDEMIC, EVEN THOSE WHO DON’T CONSIDER THEMSELVES “ANXIOUS PEOPLE” HAVE FELT FEAR AND WORRY AROUND HEALTH, FINANCES, POLITICS, RACE, OR SOME OTHER LIFE DISRUPTION.
Yet, conventional Christian culture can make us think that we shouldn’t feel anxious, or that we’re just supposed to “pray it away.” And secular culture also views anxiety as a problematic condition to manage or medicate.
This series presents a surprising Gospel truth: that anxiety is a powerful opportunity to grow as followers of Jesus.
We show you how to take spiritual advantage of your fears and worries. You will learn to encounter Jesus through your anxiety with the help of Scripture, physical practices, nature, prayer, and new self-understandings.
THIS SERIES CAN BENEFIT INDIVIDUALS OR ENTIRE SMALL GROUPS. NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR SMALL GROUPS:
- Small group leaders should expect less than 10 minutes prep time per session.
- The series is designed to work well in person or remotely (via Zoom, etc.).
- When the group series is purchased, up to 20 participants will be provided free access to the materials (via coupon code).
- Instructions for Small Group Leaders
- Session 1: Anxiety as Opportunity
- Session 2: Get Present
- Session 3: Recognize
- Session 4: Accept
- Session 5: Investigate
- Session 6: Nurture Holding Capacity
- Session 7: Review and Takeaways
More courses from the same author: Curtis Chang