Description Of The Ayurveda Experience Sexual – Wellness
Discover the 3rd Non-Negotiable to Health to Fortify Your Intimate Well-being, Enhance Your Relationships and Galvanize Your Sleepy Endocrine System!
- Leverage sexual wellness to improve skin, gut and endocrine health
- Learn how to love your body and that of your partner in all their supposed “flaws”
- Find a natural way to tackle your hormonal and fertility issues, including Polycystic Ovaries, naturally
- Unpack the unique Ayurvedic perspective on aphrodisiacs as energy-boosters
- ‘Get’ Ayurveda’s right conditions for healthy sexual expression
- Balance the masculine and feminine energies in your body
- Restore the fiery, juicy energy in your “dry” relationship
- Discover the right sexual and physical hygiene that respects your inner ecology
- Learn techniques to have longer, more blissful orgasms with your partner and help him or her achieve the same
- Regain vitality holistically without synthetic hormones or harmful drugs (like Viagra)
- Boost your stress-response and improve immunity
- Had conversations about sex in the context of your “sex life.”
- Seen explicit images from media suggesting what you should and shouldn’t be doing in bed…
- Read health and beauty sites telling you “5 ways to be more attractive to your partner” or “7 tips to conceive in your forties….”
- But here is what they NEVER tell you:
- It is “LIFE,” NOT “SEX LIFE!”
Your sexual wellness is not a “side topic”, no matter what your age, it is a HUGE part of your health that everyone should be prioritizing right about now.
“Why is sexual wellness that important?” – You may be thinking right here, “and what difference can it make to my health?”
Ayurveda explains exactly WHY through its famous 3-pillar theory.
Imagine your health as a portico. Ayurveda explains that this structure is propped by three pillars: the Tristambha of Food, Sleep and Sex. The portico can’t exist without these pillars! Food, sleep and sex hold up your health and influence each other deeply. So if even ONE of these pillars is underrepresented, your overall health weakens!
IS YOUR INNER SCEPTIC rolling her eyes at this point and telling you it’s just SEX…
Well, that’s because we are socialized to view sex as exactly that – JUST SEX! We think sex is limited to pleasure and that pleasure in itself is not that important. Think of the many times people say this in response to your problems…
- “I have lost interest in sex now that I’m older” – “That’s inevitable, it’s just sex…” (or worse: “just take Viagra or synthetic female hormones”)
- “I can’t connect with my partner sexually” – “It happens…It’s just sex….” And so on
WELL, GUESS WHAT, IT’S NEVER ‘JUST SEX’.
Let’s clear all that JUDGEMENT for once and give yourself a break to focus on something very unique and very fresh: picture your own body as a treasure chest of health tools. What if you had a powerful tool in this chest, whose TRUE potential you have yet to recognize or use? And imagine discovering and optimizing this tool? How exciting would that be and what an ENORMOUS difference it could make to your overall health and well-being! In other words:
ENHANCING SEXUAL WELLNESS WILL DIRECTLY BOOST YOUR OVERALL HEALTH.
That is why sexual wellness can change your life. Whether you’re sexually active or not, Ayurveda doesn’t have judgements on your choices… Sexual Wellness in this sophisticated science is about balancing and harnessing your powerful sexual energy. In a state of balanced sexual energy, your vital life force or RASA is constantly replenished, keeping you juicy, strong and calm.
And here’s another eye opener….
You can be in any phase of life; a 20-something or a grandparent, you can be single or partnered, a working parent who thinks the fire has gone out of his long-term partnership, you can be asexual or celibate or sexually active. You don’t need to be any particular way to have sexual wellness but just be someone who wants to embrace health.
Here is what life looks like when you have sexual wellness:
- You LOVE your body and that of your partner in all their supposed “flaws”
- Your romantic relationships are more meaningful
- You practice proper sexual and physical hygiene, so you stay disease-free
- Your endocrine function improves
- The rasa in your body is constantly replenished, keeping your blood and lymph channels unblocked
- You have better bone and muscle health, because your rasa is supplying nutrients to every part of your body!
- You have enhanced immunity and energy
- Because you have a healthy attitude towards sex and relationships, you are emotionally happy and mentally calm!
- The masculine and feminine energies in your body flow in balance, so issues like menopause and prostate enlargement are easier to deal with…
Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it? So how do you get to this place of sexual wellness holistically? You don’t need expensive sessions of couples’ therapy or spend hundreds of dollars on “anti-aging” products or synthetic hormones.
No confusion, no artificial intervention, just this:
Making small RASA-REPLENISHING changes in your lifestyle can bring you in a state of sexual wellness. It is as practical as that and this is where Todd Caldecott comes in!
What you’ll learn in The Ayurveda Experience Sexual – Wellness
And this is how Todd Caldecott explains Ayurveda’s definition of Sexual Wellness:
“The third component of the tristambha is brahmacharya, and literally refers to sexual continence and chastity. More broadly, however, brahmacharya relates to practices that are orientated towards the attainment of spiritual consciousness and eternal bliss…. Normal sexual relations are a part of this attainment, as an act reflected in the cosmic principles of creation itself.”
And that’s why Todd’s view of sexual wellness is such a breath of fresh air and so sex-positive! No more thinking of sex as “frivolous” and confusion or myths around sexual wellness and the areas of life it impacts. To help you harness your sexual energy and bring balance into your life, as well as handle very common endocrine and reproductive issues like Infertility, Polycystic Ovarian Disease and Erectile Dysfunction, The ‘
Ayurveda Experience is very excited to bring to you a new course by Todd Caldecott:
This 2-hour long course is incredibly fresh and clarifying and unlike any other material you have come across on the subject of sexual health and well-being. It is illustrative, informative and filled with practical changes you can make to better your life today. It gives you an Ayurveda-recommended framework to healthily express your sexual energy and opens up a whole herbarium of rejuvenating Ayurvedic, Chinese and Western herbs to build your vital energies.
Here’s unpacking the course contents of Ayurveda and Sexual Wellness:
Module 1: Female Reproductive Anatomy
What makes women so biologically complex and the default of the species?
- Understanding female reproductive physiology – How the vulva works
- The role of external sexual organs like the breasts
- Demystifying the uterus – one of the strongest muscles in a human!
- Fallopian Tubes – tiny organs with a powerful function
- Understanding the structure and function of the ovaries
- Know how the cervix and vagina work and their strengths as well as vulnerabilities
Module 2: Female Reproductive Physiology
How does a woman’s reproductive system work?
- Decode the powerful, changing menstrual cycle and how it affects you, even post menopause!
- Learn about female hormones and their powerful linkages with overall health
- What are ‘good’ and ‘bad’ estrogens and which compounds in your food are causing the bad estrogens to pile up!
- How Progesterone keeps your bones healthy and how to manage progesterone deficiency post menopause
- The links between your ovaries, thyroid and pituitary glandsrevealed!
- Why all women need some male hormones or Androgens, but only in moderation!
Module 3: Male Reproductive System
The male reproductive organs under the microscope
- Not as different as you think – the structure of the scrotum and how it is closely related to the outer female genitalia!
- Understanding the function of the testes
- Minuscule but energetic – decoding the sperm cell
- Demystifying the seminal ducts and seminal vesicles
- Why you should know more about the prostate gland – the most hormonally sensitive organ in the male reproductive system!
- The structure of the Bulbourethral Glands
- The penis
- Why is penis hygiene so important?
- Why the practice of circumcision is not as great as thought!
Module 4: Male Reproductive Physiology
How does a man’s reproductive system work?
- Spermatogenesis: how sperm is produced, how it travels and what can enhance or deplete sperm production
- The play of hormones in the male reproductive physiology
- Testosterone: why is it such a potent male hormone and how excess testosterone is not just bad for women!
- The role of DHEA
- And other male hormones
- What’s the function of semen?
Module 5: The Sexual Act
The act of cosmic creation – understanding sex
- The different stages of sex
- Understand your partner better – how arousal proceeds differently in men and women
- How stress and the parasympathetic nervous system affect intimacy
- Demystifying the female orgasm
- The practical Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine technique that can help men sustain pleasure!
Module 6: Ayurveda and Sexuality
The Ayurvedic perspective on sex and how it’s different from any you may have come across
- Ahara – Diet, the first pillar of life
- Why the food you eat is so important
- The eight basic elements of a wholesome diet
- Nidra – Sleep, the second pillar of life
- Why insomnia increases Vata and depletes rasa
- Brahmacharya – Sex, the third pillar of life
- Unpack Ayurveda’s rules for a healthy expression of sexual energy
- How the seasons impact sexual expression
- The specific criterion for sexual relations
- Why sex after a big meal is a not-so-great idea!
- The specific circumstances for intimacy
- And the must-avoids on the intimacy list!
- The lifestyles that promote (and deplete) sexual wellness – learn about:
- The effect alcohol has on female and male reproductive physiology
- Why tobacco disrupts not just lung function, but reproductive function too
- Why ovarian cysts in women may be linked to a coffee habit
- How nicotine impairs circulation and may be the biggest roadblock to intimacy
- And the profound effect stress has on every aspect of sexual health!
- How to eat so that your sexual and reproductive systems stay healthy:
- Eating disorders and their effect on the female reproductive system
- Why most women are tricked into thinking their ‘ideal weight’ is actually 10 lbs under their actual ideal weight!
- Why women need to eat more fat than men
- How to eat to be neither too thin nor overweight
- The effect of obesity on hormonal function in women
- How obesity in men is linked with loss of sexual function
- Which common compounds in food may be toxifying your liver and impairing sexual health
- Exercise right to fortify the third pillar of life
- How excessive exercise impacts your menstrual cycle
- The best kind of exercise for fitness and sexual health in women
- Why men should be shunning anabolic steroids
- It is more important than we assume: hygiene
- The poor hygiene which affects fertility
- Why your relationship problems could be due to a lack of proper sexual hygiene
- Too clean? This popular feminine hygiene practice disrupts the delicate ecology of the vagina
- Organic lubricants for monogamous partners
- Why you need to stop purchasing tampons
- Practical sexual hygiene tips for men and women
- How some common habits impair male sexual function
- Homemade herbal soaks for male hygiene
- The little-known pitfall of oral sex for fertility issues (couples who are trying to get pregnant must hear this!)
Module 7: Aphrodisiacs
How to use herbs and spices to enhance health and sexual wellness
- How the definition of aphrodisiacs is broader in Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine traditions
- How it extends to things that enhance overall health functions too
- Why sexual function is an expression of overall vitality
- Vaijikarana rasayans, the potent herbs that enhance Ojas and promote reproductive dhatus in men and women
- Yin and yang enhancing herbs
- The specific ways in which herbs must be prepared and consumed for maximum benefit
- Aphrodisiacs for women
- In Chinese Medicine
- Herbs that support Yin or the feminine element
- Herbs that nourish blood and fortify female health
- Herbs that support kidney function
- Aphrodisiacs in Ayurveda
- Know how to consume herbs to elevate energy levels, boost fertility and improve female and male reproductive disorders
- Well-known herbs, such as Shatavari (by the way, did you know Shatavari also builds lung health?) and Aloe Vera juice
- As well as lesser-known gems like Pippali, Kumadam and many, many more
- Aphrodisiacs in America
- Learn about the aphrodisiac herbs of central and South America
- How to use Damiana in moderate amounts
- Everyone’s favorite aphrodisiac: chocolate (and a recipe to consume it in the healthiest way!)
- The biochemical effects of chocolate
- Why chocolate, in its original form, is such a useful herb
- The ‘must-avoid’ way to consume chocolates
- The very important mineral chocolate is packed with
- And what women’s cravings for chocolate reveal about their state of health
- Aphrodisiac Therapy for Men
- Why men have a powerhouse of sexual energy
- Why sexual energy in men is more prone to fluctuating
- How Ojas or vital energy needs to be constantly replenished in men
- How to meditate to increase Ojas
- Specific activities and habits that help replenish male sexual energy
- Ayurvedic herbs for enhancing male fertility and Ojas, such as Ashwagandha, sesame seeds and many more!
- The male aphrodisiacs of Chinese Medicine
- Which Chinese aphrodisiacs can be used safely and which are ecologically unsustainable
- How the West’s cultural biases of sex as “dirty” mean aphrodisiacs are devalued
- And why aphrodisiacs are far from frivolous, but actually health-enhancing herbs!
- Saw Palmetto, a very effective herb to manage hormonal conditions in men and women, including prostate problems
- Diet: practical advice on foods that boost intimacy and overall health
- Famous aphrodisiacs like oysters
- As well as not-so-famous ones like legumes!
Module 8: Polycystic Ovarian Disease
An Ayurvedic perspective on managing PCOD
- What causes PCOD
- Why is this the most common disorder among women today?
- The symptoms of PCOD
- Which common bunch of serious conditions occur with PCOD
- How abdominal obesity is linked with this disorder
- The lesser-known aspect of PCOD as an autoimmune disease
- PCOD and your hormones, from Insulin to Androgens
- The holistic treatment of PCOD
- The most effective diet for PCOD
- The popular food groups which you should avoid
- Why pickles are great for the management of PCOD
- Practical tips to exercise right
- Why muscle-building beats aerobic exercise for PCOD
- Tackling obesity
- Foods and herbs that heal the pathologies of PCOD
- Herbs to restore the ‘feminine essence’
- Herbs to regulate menstruation
- A real case study of healing PCOD from Todd’s practice
Module 9: Erectile Dysfunction
How to manage erectile dysfunction holistically
- What is erectile dysfunction (ED)?
- Psychogenic and physical causes
- Why erectile dysfunction is a health problem and not just a ‘sexual’ problem
- The co-morbid conditions linked with ED
- Is Viagra all that it is cracked up to be? What are the side-effects of this popular drug?
- Holistic treatment of ED
- Reducing blood sugar
- The right diet for ED
- How aging affects ED
- The food group you ought to be cutting back on
- Useful botanicals from Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine, including Milky Oat and Ashwagandha
- Nutritive botanicals to nourish overall health
- Empathy boosting practices and relationship counselling to improve the parasympathetic nervous system
- Must-avoid relaxants and stimulants
- Vitamins and minerals to nurture overall health and boost circulation in ED
- How to diagnose and manage Peyronie’s Disease, a hidden cause of ED
- Effective botanicals and nutrients for Peyronie’s Disease
- Erectile dysfunction and stress
About Todd Caldecott
Todd Caldecott is an Ayurvedic practitioner, a teacher, a nutritionist, an herbal medicine specialist, the author of bestselling books such as Food as Medicine, and the executive director of the Dogwood School of Botanical Medicine. Apart from teaching Ayurveda – the Indian science of life – and other wellness modules via conferences and workshops, Todd practices as a clinician in Vancouver and has used his unique interdisciplinary approach to help hundreds manage conditions like arthritis, polycystic ovaries, insomnia and heart disease.
Todd’s composite healing methods blend Ayurveda with modern scientific concepts and herbal medicine to achieve wellness by teaching you to listen to your body’s wisdom!
Todd Caldecott has been practicing medicine for 20 years. In addition to that, he:
- Has a degree in Western Herbal Medicine from the Coastal Mountain College in Vancouver
- Has studied Ayurvedic medicine in Coimbatore, India
- Is a certified herbalist
- Is a certified panchakarma practitioner
- Is a yoga practitioner
- Has extensively researched Chinese Medicine
- Has extensively researched Chinese Medicine
- And in 2012, Todd founded the Dogwood School of Botanical Medicine, which offers distance learning programs and a gurukula-style mentorship training program for aspiring practitioners. (Read what people have said about Todd here)
Humble and empathetic, Todd has healed and taught literally hundreds. In his own words:
My goal is to teach both my patients and students to become self-reliant, to develop for themselves an insightful and penetrating vision of health that allows them to see past the hype.
More courses from the same author: Todd Caldecott