Description Of Master Your Money: 6 Steps to Financial Wellness
Take control of your finances! Create an effective budget, pay off your debt, and start saving for the future.
Do you ever ask yourself, what should I do with my money? Should I save it, pay off debt, or invest it?
Do you ever look at your bank account and wonder – where did all of my money go?
Do you look at your savings and think – how I am ever going to buy a home? Or retire someday?
If you said YES to even one of these questions, then this is the course for you.
Managing your money is a skill you need to learn and practice. Unfortunately, most of us aren’t taught this at home or at school. It’s something we learn mainly by trial and error, for good and for bad. As a result, many people today, regardless of income, live paycheck to paycheck.
Does this sound like you? If so, that’s ok, but know that you can 100% change that. This course is specifically designed to give you the tools and confidence you need to break the paycheck to paycheck cycle.
Growing up I saw the good and bad of money management. I saw the impact of losing one’s business, home, and financial security. With that, I learned the tools and money mindset I needed to create financial security for myself and my family – and so can you.
As a financial coach, I’ve taken the many lessons I’ve learned and created my 6 Step Financial Priority List. This framework will give you the necessary skills and tools you need to tell your money where to go each month and reach your goals. No more wondering how to save for vacations and for your future. Or wondering, what to do first – save or pay off debt?
Instead, by the end of this course, you will develop a new money mindset and a new set of money tools. In this course you will:
- Gain a clear understanding of your paycheck and where your money is going each month
- Make a clear monthly budget that gives each dollar a job that is aligned with your goals
- Get a clear roadmap for how to prioritize savings and reduce debt
- Discover 2 effective strategies for paying off debt quickly
- Learn tips for becoming a super saver
- Understand the benefits and risks of different saving account options
- Figure out how much you need to save each month to reach your retirement goals
- Feel empowered to make confident financial choices as you pass through different phases of life
Along the way, I will provide examples, practice activities, tips, and tools to help you build a financial plan that’s right for you.
Now is the time to take control of your finances and your future. Let’s get started on this new pathway today!
What you’ll learn in Master Your Money: 6 Steps To Financial Wellness
What you’ll learn
- Gain a sense of confidence and empowerment around your money
- Describe your money story and money beliefs
- Set money goals that reflect your financial needs
- Discover 6 financial priority steps to help you get on the right track
- Organize your monthly income & expenses to get a clear view of your current financial situation
- Create a clear and effective spending plan
- Implement strategies to become a super saver
- Develop a plan to overcome your debt
- Define a long-term savings approach that will help you live your dream retirement
Section 1: Introduction
- Lecture 1 Welcome and Course Overview
- Lecture 2 Instructor Introduction
- Lecture 3 Common Misconceptions About Money
- Lecture 4 Your Money Story
- Lecture 5 Activity: Your Current Money Beliefs
Section 2: Prioritizing Your Money Goals
- Lecture 6 Activity: Knowing Your “Why”
- Lecture 7 Activity: Setting Your Goals
Section 3: 6 Steps for Financial Wellness
- Lecture 8 Making vs. Keeping Your Money
- Lecture 9 Your 6 Financial Priority Steps
- Lecture 10 Step #1: Getting Clear & Organized
- Lecture 11 Understanding Working Capital
- Lecture 12 Step #2: Save 1-3 Months Worth of Bills
- Lecture 13 Step #3: Paying Off High-Interest Debt
- Lecture 14 Step #4: Saving 6 Months Worth of Bills
- Lecture 15 Step #5: Saving for Retirement
- Lecture 16 Step #6: Paying off Lower Interest Debt
Section 4: Create a Clear and Effective Spending Plan
- Lecture 17 Get Your Numbers Organized!
- Lecture 18 Activity: Organize Your Numbers + Case Study
- Lecture 19 Creating More Working Capital
- Lecture 20 Activity: Knowing where to start!
- Lecture 21 Getting Your Accounts Ready
- Lecture 22 Sticking to Your Lifestyle Budget
- Lecture 23 Wins in Your First 3 Months
Section 5: Become a Super Saver
- Lecture 24 Four Tips for Boosting Your Savings
- Lecture 25 Types of Savings Accounts
Section 6: Pay Off Debt and Stay Debt Free
- Lecture 26 The Good and Bad of Debt
- Lecture 27 Debt Terms
- Lecture 28 What’s Your Credit Score and Does it Matter?
- Lecture 29 What are Different Types of Debt?
- Lecture 30 How To Pay Off Debt Quickly
- Lecture 31 Case Study: Paying off Tony’s High-Interest Debt
- Lecture 32 Activity: Organize Your Debt
Section 7: Planning for Your Dream Retirement
- Lecture 33 Starting to Save for Retirement
- Lecture 34 Activity: Step 1: Calculating the Monthly Cost of Your Retirement
- Lecture 35 Activity: Step 2: Finding Your Retirement Savings Target
- Lecture 36 Activity: Step 3: Saving for Retirement Monthly
- Lecture 37 Three Retirement Savings Tips to Get You Started
- Lecture 38 Retirement Accounts: The Differences & Similarities
- Lecture 39 Case Study: Tony’s Retirement Accounts
- Lecture 40 Types of Retirement Accounts
- Lecture 41 Rollover IRAs: Combining Your Previous Retirement Accounts
- Lecture 42 Questions to Ask Your Benefits Team
Section 8: Conclusion
- Lecture 43 Course Wrap-Up
- Lecture 44 Bonus Lecture
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to gain more control and clarity of their personal finances. This can range from just understanding where your money goes each month, to taking direct action to pay off debt and save for short-term and long-term goals.
- Anyone who wants to have a clear way to track their finances and to have a defined pathway to achieve their money goals.
- This course is NOT for someone who already feels empowered and in control of their money and does not need additional financial guidance.
About Tiffany Groode
As a financial coach Tiffany works with individuals, couples, and small business owners to create a clear view of their money, financial goals, and a pathway to achieve them. For almost 10 years, she has coached clients through creating a spending plan, eliminating debt, growing wealth, discussing money in their relationships, buying homes, and retirement planning.
Tiffany’s coaching also focuses on financial education so clients can feel more confident and conscious about the financial choices they need to make to reach their personal and professional goals.
Before coaching, Tiffany worked in the energy industry for 10 years and has her PhD in Mechanical Engineering from MIT – so you know she knows her numbers!
More courses from the same author: Tiffany Groode