Rochelle Calvert – Trauma Treatment Toolbox – Top Mindfulness Techniques and Somatic-Based Practices
Description Of Trauma Treatment Toolbox – Top Mindfulness Techniques and Somatic-Based Practices
Effective trauma treatment requires more than a “one-technique-fits-all” approach. To be an effective clinician, you need an entire toolbox of skills in order to obtain the most positive outcomes for your clients.
Mounting evidence tells us that mindfulness and somatic-based practices may be the future of successfully healing the entire person in the treatment of trauma and stress disorders. These approaches have shown the ability to radically improve a traumatized client’s suffering and quality of life.
This groundbreaking workshop will give you the opportunity to learn and explore the top techniques and practices within mindfulness and somatic-based trauma healing. You’ll walk away with tips and tools that you didn’t know you were missing, and you’ll be equipped to apply these practices in session. Gain specific guidance on safe and effective skills to help you confidently work with your clients’ trauma and support their emotional, physical and mental well-being.
You’ll walk away from this recording with:
- Top mindfulness techniques specifically designed to treat trauma, stress and PTSD
- Targeted somatic interventions designed for improved outcomes
- Steps to incorporate the body into your current therapeutic approach
- Skills to manage vicarious trauma/secondary traumatic stress
- Discover how you can take trauma treatment to the next level with mindfulness and somatic techniques to treat the whole client– body and mind!
What you’ll learn in Trauma Treatment Toolbox – Top Mindfulness Techniques and Somatic-Based Practices
- Examine trauma and stress symptoms from psychobiological, social, mindfulness and somatic-based perspectives to inform clinical treatment interventions.
- Learn mindfulness and somatic skills that promote the stabilization of potential emotional overwhelm during trauma treatment.
- Utilize specific mindfulness and somatic practices to integrate into your therapy session to support healing of trauma.
- Discover how practices of embodiment can impact healing processes and aid in nervous system restoration.
- Utilize the natural environment to create alternative options to practice mindfulness and somatic practices to deepen healing.
- Develop mindfulness, somatic and self-care practices to support the health of the therapist to manage vicarious trauma/secondary traumatic stress when working with trauma.
- Understanding Trauma, Stress, PTSD and Complex PTSD
- Differentiate and Identify:
- Acute Stress
- Complex PTSD
- Unresolved Trauma
- Assessment Measures for Trauma
- Ranges of Response to Trauma
- Differentiate and Identify:
- Psychobiological, Social and Mindfulness-Based Orientations to Healing Trauma
- Trauma’s Impact on the Brain and Body
- Social Orientation Challenges
- How Mindfulness Can Help with Healing
- Top Trauma-Informed Mindfulness Techniques
- Techniques for Working Skillfully with Arousal States
- Orienting and Shifting Attention
- The Natural Environment and Grounding
- Relationship and Community Support
- Top Somatic-Based Trauma Treatment Interventions
- Read the Body and Teach Body Awareness
- Cultivating Sensory and Perception Awareness
- Movement Practices to Restore Healing
- Embodied Breath Practices
- How to Support with Safe Touch
- How to Assess if Mindfulness and Somatic Practices are Right for Your Client
- Types of Symptom Expressions
- Level of Dissociation
- Difficulty of Functioning in Life
- Coping Skills
- Understanding Arousal States
- Vicarious Trauma: What Clinicians Need to Know for Improved Outcomes
- Grounding During Difficult Sessions
- Mindfulness and Somatic Practices to Support Overwhelm
- Common Therapist Triggers
- Ongoing Support
About Rochelle Calvert
Rochelle Calvert (Voth), Ph.D., CMT, SEP, BCBA, is the founder of New Mindful Life. She has studied mindfulness for the past 16 years and has taught classes, courses, workshops and retreats. Rochelle leads classes/courses/seminars in Six-week Introductory Training in Mindfulness, (S.I.T.), Awake in the Wild- Nature-Based Mindfulness retreats, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Mindfulness Based Eating, Mindful Parenting and Mindful Workplace.
She also facilitates professional trainings in mindfulness for clinicians and travels the country teaching seminars for PESI. She also works as clinical psychologist in private practice in San Diego.
Rochelle offers mindfulness, nature-based therapy and somatic experiencing as a psychologist with New Mindful Life. Her therapeutic approach includes teaching people individual mindfulness meditations – both indoors and outdoors – specific to their unique concerns to support healing.
She also integrates somatic experiencing healing (body-based healing through nervous system reorganization) with the mindfulness and nature-based meditation practices. Rochelle has therapeutic specialty areas of training to support integration of these services to individuals struggling with life transitions, depression, anxiety, PTSD, pain conditions, eating disorders, as well as families of developmentally delayed children/adults.
Financial: Rochelle Calvert is in private practice and is an adjunct faculty for Southwestern College and New Earth Institute. She is an author who receives royalties. Rochelle receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. She has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations.
Non-financial: Rochelle Calvert has no relevant non-financial relationships.
More courses from the same author: Rochelle Calvert
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.