In Organize Your Life with Things 3 Course, You’ll Learn How To:
- Get your tasks from everywhere else into Things
- Structure your tasks with Areas and Projects
- Work with dates
- Plan your days and weeks
- Execute consistent weekly reviews
- Work with tags
- Use project templates to save time and reduce errors
Of course, you’ll learn lots of specific things too, like when you should use deadlines; how to actually reach Inbox Zero (🧘🏻); and how to never forget a birthday again ( 🥳).
Your Time Is Valuable
You’ll learn exactly what you need—no more and no less. I’ve designed the course to be efficient, because your time is valuable.
You could piece together information on using Things from random places all over the Internet. But how long would that take? And what is that time worth to you?
When you follow this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know to organize your life and to be productive using Things. You’ll save tons on time compared to figuring things out yourself.
Think about what you could do with the extra time. You could spend it with your kids. You could spend it learning to play the guitar. Or you could, you know, spend the time doing the actual work you want to do!
After You Follow Organize Your Life with Things 3 Course, You’ll:
- be able to focus,
- feel in control
- know what to work on next,
- save time and reduce errors,
- and have a system, so nothing slips through the cracks.
That’s what learning a workflow you can trust will do for you.
Table of contents Organize Your Life with Things 3:
- Welcome! (1:43)
- Course goal, requirements, and philosophy (3:17)
- Customizing some Things settings (5:39)
Getting all of your tasks into Things
- Dividing your responsibilities up into areas (5:14)
- Getting tasks from your head into the Things inbox (5:14)
- Adding tasks to the inbox with Quick Entry (8:05)
- Adding tasks to the inbox on iOS or iPadOS (2:17)
- Using the share sheet to add to Things on iOS (1:34)
- Processing your email with Things (5:25)
- Adding tasks with Siri on iOS or iPadOS (3:09)
- Check-in: making sure all your tasks are in Things (1:29)
- Things keyboard shortcuts
- Using Quick Find (and some handy, hidden views) (3:11)
- Using multiple Things windows (1:28)
Structuring with projects
- What is a project? (6:22)
- Creating your first project (12:50)
- Organizing larger projects with headings (10:44)
- When to use checklists (3:36)
- Moving your tasks from the inbox to areas and projects (4:34)
Working with dates
- How dates work in Things (12:43)
- How to assign dates and reminders to tasks and projects (8:24)
- Location-based reminders (using Apple Reminders) (6:06)
- The two types of repeating to-dos (8:02)
- Setting reminders and deadlines for repeating to-dos (6:44)
- Being on top of birthdays, anniversaries, etc. with Things (4:05)
- Repeating entire projects (5:18)
- Assign deadlines to your existing to-dos and projects (1:20)
Planning your days and weeks
- How to plan what to work on today (7:28)
- Planning ahead (4:16)
- Calendar event or Things task? (5:21)
- Plan your day and week now (1:34)
Stay in control with weekly reviews
- What is a weekly review and why should you make reviewing a habit? (2:49)
- The nine steps to a weekly review in Things 3 (22:44)
- Scheduling your weekly review (3:31)
- Bonus: reflect on what you’ve already completed (1:39)
Working with tags
- What are tags for? (5:21)
- Working with tags in Things (3:34)
- A few tags to get ed with (11:59)
- Incorporating tags into your workflow (3:32)
Working with project templates
- Why project templates will save you time (1:53)
- Example: weekend camping trips (4:26)
- Example: creating and using a packing list (6:44)
- Creating your own project templates (2:03)
Example use cases
- Progress update (0:54)
- Finding calm on a stressful day (6:36)
- Keeping track of groceries to buy (1:46)
- Processing to-dos after a meeting (3:38)
- What to do instead of tracking your goals in Things (6:57)
- Building better habits with Things (5:29)
- Reference material and Things (4:12)
- Apple’s Shortcuts app and Things (3:07)
- How to do Things (😉) on iOS (10:21)
- Using Things widgets on iOS (7:39)
- Thank you! (And what’s next) (1:59)
- Course Summary & Things Cheat Sheet (PDFs)
- Before You Go…
Organize Your Life with Things 3 Course Is For You If:
- You feel overwhelmed by everything you need to do.
- You have trouble focusing.
- You want to learn a system you can trust.
- You want to learn how to get the most out of Things.
- You’ve used Things in the past, but have gotten away from it.
Organize Your Life with Things 3 Course Is Not For You If:
- You’re looking for a magic solution that requires zero effort.
- You’d rather figure everything out yourself, from scratch. (You can, but it’ll take you much longer.)
- You want to learn about Things automation.
Hi, I’m Peter Akkies.
I first started teaching productivity courses in 2019. Today, I’ve taught thousands of paid students and hundreds of thousands of people on my YouTube channel.
I’m also into scuba diving, Formula 1, World War II history, and veganism.
More courses from the same author: Peter Akkies
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.