Description Of Body as Healer
- Embrace each day with newfound hope, thanks to effective pain management methods that give you lasting relief and an improved quality of life.
- Gain peace of mind with a toolkit of somatic exercises that will help you heal, regain control, and find solace for both your body and your budget.
- Accelerate pain relief in 4 to 6 months with consistent use of this unique healing method.
I created Body as Healer: Freedom from Chronic Pain as part of my legacy work to support you in resolving the issues underlying these difficult conditions, and to help you achieve lasting relief from those debilitating symptoms.
You will discover that beneath your pain lies an abundance of more subtle sensations, an inner knowing, that can guide you toward a sense of ease and vitality.
These chronic conditions can be agonizing and debilitating. They are deeply frustrating and can also be isolating. They can keep you from living life more fully, and on your own terms. These symptoms are also confounding—not just for you, but for your loved ones, as well as for some of your medical and other health-care providers. But what I would want you to understand is that these symptoms, as challenging as they are, do not have to ruin your life; they do not have to be a life sentence.
Generally, modern medicine does not understand fibromyalgia and the conditions that often accompany it. Sometimes, they are even called “medically unexplained symptoms” (or MUS for short). But if you have ever been told by a physician or anyone else that your pain and distress are “all in your head”—well, when you are suffering, that’s just adding insult to injury, isn’t it?
Body as Healer is designed to help you “be” in your body and consists of a series of somatic awareness exercises I’ve developed over the last 40-plus years. It has been my experience that lasting, stable benefits usually require about six months of practicing these exercises. However, it is also true that some people will receive significant results in just a few practice sessions. But I encourage you to practice these exercises for six months as you work through this program.
You can, of course, practice them anytime thereafter, should some of your symptoms recur or if you simply enjoy the increased vitality, clarity, and freedom they provide. Many even incorporate this work as a lifelong practice to maintain an increased capacity to manage… what comes next.
It is my deepest desire that this healing journey will help free you from the torment of pain and unnecessary suffering. I hope you choose to join me in this experiential learning opportunity that will help bring you back to your authentic self—and finally achieve freedom from pain.
What you’ll learn in Body as Healer
BODY AS HEALER: FREEDOM FROM CHRONIC PAIN
Understanding Pain and Trauma in the Body
Dr. Levine shares insights behind his groundbreaking Somatic Experiencing method, a body-based awareness approach to resolving stress and healing the wounds of chronic pain.
- Explore the multidimensional aspects of pain and how they overlap
- Understand what may be driving your pain and preventing you from healing
- Practice a deceptively simple exercise to help free you from pain
Exploring the Inner Landscape of the Body
Go deeper into the healing process by tapping into your innate wisdom and reconnecting your body and mind.
- Explore the felt sense as a vehicle for transformation of pain and suffering
- Immerse yourself in exercises designed to break the chronic pain cycle
- Restore boundaries and a deep sense of safety and security in your body
Observing the Power of the Nervous System
Learn practices to calm your nervous system, relax tense muscles, and soothe anxious thoughts or an overactive mind.
- Befriend your feelings to engage greater self-acceptance and inner regulation
- Explore the connection between chronic pain and the fight-or-flight response
- Practice visualization and breathing techniques to release tension
Approaching the Pain
Explore the mind-body connection and the brain’s natural response to pain, and discover how you can minimize discomfort by changing the way you relate to your body.
- Connect to the healing rhythm of “pendulation” to soften the grip of pain
- Learn powerful exercises that can help ease feelings of anxiety and stress
- Create a positive channel for emotions that might surface as you progress
Releasing Suppressed Emotions
Gain a better understanding of how locked emotions within you can cause detrimental physical pain and emotional discomfort, and what you can do to find relief.
- Find a sense of safety by trusting the innate rhythm of contraction and expansion
- Reconcile fragmented experiences that have been dissociated or disconnected
- Learn how to settle into your body and come back to the present moment
Repair, Restore, Renew
Release old patterns and stuck trauma and reemerge back into the world with wholeness, new energy, and clarity.
- Reflect on patterns holding you back and replaying in your life
- Work through and repair feelings of fear, grief, shame, and humiliation
- Maximize the gift of these life-changing teachings in your daily life
About Peter A. Levine
Peter A. Levine is the developer of Somatic Experiencing®, a naturalistic and neurobiological approach to healing trauma and resolving stress. He holds doctorates in both biophysics and psychology. He is the founder and president of the Ergos Institute of Somatic Education and the founder and advisor for Somatic Experiencing International.
Dr. Levine is the author of several bestselling books on trauma, including Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma (published in over 29 languages). He has received multiple Lifetime Achievement awards, including from Psychotherapy Networker and from the US Association for Body Psychotherapy. His work has been taught to over 60,000 therapists in over 42 countries. He is currently a senior fellow and consultant at The Meadows Addiction and Trauma Treatment Center in Wickenburg, Arizona, and continues to teach trauma healing workshops internationally.
More courses from the same author: Peter A. Levine
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.