Description Of How to Help Clients Break the Cycle of Traumatic Memory – NICABM
How to Help Clients Revisit Trauma Without Reliving It
When working with traumatic memory, we need to help clients revisit trauma without reliving it.
Otherwise, we risk destabilizing our clients when they are most fragile.
But working with traumatic memory is complicated – we’ve got to know how to work with the different types of memory in order to effectively target our interventions.
That’s why we’re bringing you this short, focused course . . .
How to Help Clients Break the Cycle of Traumatic Memory
Peter Levine, PhD
- How to Help Clients Revisit Traumatic Memories Without Becoming Stuck in Them
- How Trauma Impacts Community
- How to Help Your Clients Build Resilience Against Traumatic Experiences
- How Different Types of Memory Can Contribute to the Traumatic Experience
- Why Searching for Memories Can be Counter-Productive (and What’s More Effective in the Treatment of Trauma)
- How to Help Clients Disrupt the Memory-Distress Cycle
- Why It’s Crucial to Understand Different Types of Memory (and Which One to Focus on First in the Treatment of Trauma)
- The One Type of Trauma Memory That Must Change Before All Others
- Why It’s Crucial to Change the Body’s Experience of Trauma
- A Useful Strategy That Can Help Your Clients Work Through Trauma with More Stability and Presence
- How Trauma Gets “Passed Down” from One Generation to the Next
- One Bias That Can Block the Shortest Path to Healing
About Peter Levine
Peter Levine is the creator of Somatic Experiencing (SE), a clinical method to resolve trauma symptoms.
Peter is also the founder of The Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute which continues his groundbreaking research into the effects of trauma and stress on the body and the nervous system.
He is the author of a number of books on trauma, including Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma, In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness. His most recent book is Trauma and Memory: Brain and Body in a Search for the Living Past.
More courses from the same author: Peter Levine
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.