NICABM – How to Target the Limbic System to Reverse Trauma’s Physiological Imprint
How to Work with the Limbic System to Reverse the Physiological Imprint of Trauma
Limbic SystemOnce someone has experienced trauma, they’re often on guard, almost perpetually afraid that it will happen again. And here’s the thing . . .
. . . it’s not only the brain that learns this lesson. The body and nervous system do, too.
So to help patients change the way their body reacts after trauma, we need interventions designed to override the lessons the body and nervous system learned during trauma.
That’s why we created a course with four of the world’s top experts – they’ll share their most practical, effective strategies for helping patients resolve trauma that’s held in the brain and body.
How to Target the Limbic System to Reverse Trauma’s Physiological Imprint
What’s Happening in the Body During Trauma
Pat Ogden, PhD Bessel van der Kolk, MD
- How to Help Clients Begin to Notice What’s Going On In Their Body
- One Common Coping Mechanism for Childhood Trauma
- How to Help Traumatized Clients Become More Comfortable Focusing Inward
- Working with the Story the Client’s Body Is Telling
Working with a Client’s Trauma Story
Bessel van der Kolk, MD Pat Ogden, PhD Peter Levine, PhD
- How to Tell When Talk Therapy Could Be Keeping Your Client Stuck in Trauma
- What to Do When a Client’s Somatic Narrative and Verbal Narrative Don’t Match Up
- How to Read a Client’s Trauma Story Through Their Posture
Getting a Reading on a Traumatized Nervous System
Pat Ogden, PhD
- Four Ways to Track How Trauma Is Impacting a Client’s Nervous System
- Working with a Client Who Is Prone to Self-Harm – A Case Study
How to Use Movement to Help a Client’s Body “Unlearn” Its Adaptation to Trauma
Bessel van der Kolk, MD Pat Ogden, PhD
- What to Look for in a Traumatized Client’s “Movement Vocabulary”
- Why Movement Is Critical for Clients Healing from Trauma
- Specific Types of Movement That Can Be Most Useful for Clients Who’ve Experienced Trauma
How to Target the Limbic System to Reverse Trauma’s Impact on the Body
Bessel van der Kolk, MD Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD
- Strategies to Change the Way a Person with a Trauma History Is Wired to Respond
- How to Reconnect the Upper and Lower Parts of the Brain After Trauma
- Limbic System Therapy in Clinical Practice – A Case Study
Critical Insights into Working with Trauma Through the Limbic System
Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD Ron Siegel, PsyD Ruth Buczynski, PhD
- One Element That’s Critical for Healing in the Treatment of Trauma
- Why Catharsis Usually Isn’t Helpful for Resolving and Integrating Feelings After Trauma
- Two Key Strategies to Help Clients Override Their Body’s Response to Trauma
Strategic Practices to Target the Limbic System in the Treatment of Trauma
Joan Borysenko, PhD Bill O’Hanlon, LMFT Ruth Buczynski, PhD
- How to Activate the Thinking Brain While Working with the Body
- One Way to Break the Repetitive Loop of Trauma
- Two Techniques to Help Clients Release Tension in the Body After Trauma
More courses from the same author: NICABM
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to HealingCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your HealingCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
There are no reviews yet.