Description of The Trickster Training Mystery School
Free Yourself From Outdated Stories and Become a Joyful Catalyst for Change — by Opening to Mythological Magic, Unpredictable Wisdom and Your Trustworthy Intuition.
Calling all pragmatic mystics and public dreamers!
Are you weary of the (soul-suffocating) status-quo?
Do you want to replace doomsday stories in your head and your newsfeed with magical, life-affirming stories?
Because now you “get to” (as opposed to “got to”) make the big, or small, life changes the Universe has been nudging you to make.
You get to discover exactly what YOU have to add to the collective cauldron where a new positive culture and consciousness have started simmering….
And it’s not willpower, angst or resentment towards “those people,” that will get us all there, but the liberating genius of Trickster.
Playful and unpredictable, Trickster Magic is the antidote we need to the heaviness all around us.
Trickster is that which arrives in dangerous times to brighten our spirits, liberate our communities, and dazzle the darkness.
Trickster is a keeper-protector of democracy, the part of us and nature, which loves against all odds.
You can witness this force in the adaptable ingenuity of seeds sprouting after cataclysm, and in rivers that metabolize poison.
The energy of Trickster aligns with the forces of nature to create change — from the personal to the political — in nature’s way.
Trickster empowers you to embody your truth, and call forth authenticity, playfully, in those around you.
Trickster gives you linguistic, metaphoric and storytelling agility that can shape-shift reality.
And when you learn to change your metaphors, you change your story… and literally change our world.
The Trickster Training Mystery School is dedicated to dreaming a more desirable world into being.
And we invite YOU to join us, cultivate your unique gifts and be influential at this time of dire beauty.
Journey through the year with Caroline Casey, agent of Bodhisattva Coyote and one of the world’s most fun, playful, erudite astrologers, and you’ll liberate the Trickster in you, deepen your spiritual journey and become a more joyful, effective catalyst for change.
That’s because Trickster will bless you with a new capacity to create word magic and new storylines, and use playful unpredictability to bridge divides.
(Magic, Caroline says, “Is simply a willingness to collaborate with everything… so you move your emotional default setting of “status quo” to “Woof-Woof-Wanna-Play?!”)
And as you’re liberated, you help liberate others. There is no prison for the unexpected!
This is YOUR opportunity to join a global community of allies — all magnetizing, cultivating, animating and contributing their considerable gifts in a way that replenishes everyone.
During The Trickster Training Mystery School, you’ll:
- Understand myths and the planets as big forces with which you can co-operate
- Discover the liberating power of language
- Cultivate the qualities of heroism to birth the “Trickster Redeemer” in your heart
- Discover your animal allies through visionary techniques whereby to broker desirable inter-species collaborative cahooting
- Conjure your Money Animal so that you can have sufficient funding to play your role in destiny
- Invoke power into the world through dedicated acts of beauty
- Receive practices to expand the playfulness of your mind and engage with the world with wit and whimsy
- Find language that liberates your soul from old habits and opens you to a zestier experience of life
- Follow the lead of myth and nature to become a more effective changemaker in our world by metabolizing the poisons of your life (and the world)
- Cultivate irresistible eloquence and develop the art of magnetizing
- Learn to engage with the mythic forces at play, making you a more savvy agent of influence
- Journey through the underworld with jaunty aplomb to restore human affairs in accord with the harmony of nature
- Become a more effective and delightful storyteller
What you’ll learn in The Trickster Training Mystery School
Councils 1-5: Considering Venus (Sun in Taurus) (4/19, 4/26, 5/3, 510, 5/17)
We convene The Trickster Training Mystery School on April 19, the day the Sun enters Taurus — the incarnational realm of Venus, whose color is emerald green, and rhythm is curvy, where dedicated acts of beauty invite power into the world. Venus makes love to the world and is passionately pantheistic — Venus sees life in, and relates to, everything.
We join together to partner with nature to make the world more beautiful. When the worst aspects of our species are being dredged to the surface of the body politic, — ‘tis our task to invite the best. We’ll reawaken our eroticism and magnetize lovers (new and/or old).
On this day Pluto is stationing (looks like it’s standing still) — So, for bonus points, Pluto gives us a Venus-Pluto dating blessing: “We would wish for you relationships that are dangerous in a good way!” (Meaning with trust-worthy people, of equal complexity of spirit, who really want to know all of you — yikes! — in good way.)
Scheherazade said, “The world is run by those who do not know how to make love — and that’s why we’re screwed.”
In Councils 1-5, we’ll:
- Restore the art of courtship through studying nature
- Explore Pragmatic Mysticism re-wedding activism with animism (Indigenuity)
- Honor the Buddha’s Full Moon-Earth Day May 10
- Develop the art of magnetizing
- Delight in the art of altars
- Restore sacredness to money
- Remembering what we love and re-igniting those passions
Councils 6-8: Considering Mercury (Sun in Gemini) (5/31, 6/7, 6/14)
The incarnation of Mercury in Gemini inspires our words be in accord with our dedicated desire. Language grants us access to the realm it describes. If you can speak of it, you can journey there! Astrology is one of the great guiding languages of antiquity and is now being called to its highest purpose. It is a language that describes our interior psyche and its connection to the collective. We live in a conversational creation — everything speaks to us by its song, its color, its rhythm.
In this module, Skookum becomes our motto, which means “connected to the spirits and completely competent for the task at hand.” By approaching the world with informed reverent curiosity, we rejoin the choreography of creation.
In Councils 6-8, we’ll:
- Consult with the Delphic Oracle: “Are my plans in accord with the Divine? And if not, how shall I bring them into accord?”
- Explore the communicative arts of Call and Response and Chorusing
- Cultivate irresistible eloquence
- Become Skookum
Councils 9-11: Considering the Moon (Sun in Cancer) (6/28, 7/5, 7/12)
The incarnation of the Moon in Cancer is the return of Big Momma, in her Trickster garb as fierce protector of life and the keeper/protector of democracy. Caroline will share wisdom from her expert Permaculture colleagues regarding the art of cultivating our literal and metaphoric gardens, as living metaphor. We’ll explore our plant allies, adaptogens, entheogens and the history of human-plant collaboration.
In Councils 9-11, we’ll:
- Journey backwards in time to heal the ancestors and thus the present
- Recognize the power of memory to create the future
- Explore our family, ancestors and history for clues as to our contribution
- Break family spells and take new vows
- Join with Big Momma to metabolize grief into beauty
Councils 12-14: Considering the Sun (Sun in Leo) ( 7/26, 8/2, 8/9)
Every tree, plant and flower grows and flourishes by the grace and bounty of the sun.
— John Tyndall, 19th Century Scientist
Ally with the energetic, animating life force of all life — the sun. Hail to the Sun God! He is a Fun God! Ra! Ra! Ra!
When the sun is in Leo it is the confluence of all allies. In this module, we’ll study the solar myths and art, pyramids, altars on mountains, fertility symbols and the myriad depictions of the sun associated with snakes, lions, reindeer, goats, etc. We’ll also learn to cultivate solar power within and without and receive wisdom from Caroline’s guests from the solar power realm.
In Councils 12-14, we’ll:
- Participate in midwifing the emerging mythos of conscious kinship
- Turn our clenched fists into the Buddhist mudra of reassurance — the outstretched open hand found on statues of the Buddha
- Explore Joseph Campbell’s inquiry: “What is the new mythology to be, the mythology of this earth as of one harmonious being?”
- Collage our own solar mandala, as a source of strength
Councils 15-17: Considering Mercury (Sun in Virgo) (8/30, 9/6, 9/13)
The incarnation of Mercury in Virgo exposes the Magician Hermes/Hermia. In Hermetic Alchemy, alchemists were interested in coagulating or fixing the elusive Mercury spirit. ”Fixation of the volatile” is the alchemical term for the focusing of attention which would grant us the capacity to understand the language of birds and other creatures. Among other things, in this module we’ll explore PL Travers’ Mary Poppins books as realms where liberating esoterica has been smuggled back into culture through children’s literature.
In Councils 15-17, we’ll:
- Realize the universe as telepathic
- Engage in exercises whereby to increase telepathy
- Cultivate the augury arts of Applied Divination
Councils 18-21: Considering Venus (Sun in Libra) (9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18)
To love disharmony back into harmony creates a greater harmony than existed before.
— Michael Gruber, Author
Magic is simply a willingness to cooperate with everything! The artist is the keeper of collective soul. Venus in Libra reveals the art of balance, how to let the pain flow through you — not into you. We welcome the disruption that liberates old circuits into larger vastness. One definition of our assignment is to discern the pattern of evolutionary intelligence that proffers the liveliest possibilities available at any moment and partner with them.
In Councils 18-21, we’ll:
- Discover what works now in the realm of personal relationships
- Study manners in nature
- Ally with etiquette
- Liberate democracy
Councils 22-24: Considering Mars With Pluto as Tour Guide (Sun in Scorpio) (11/1, 11/8, 11/15)
The time for sane reverence to assume a new cultural narrative is here. We’ll metabolize our adversaries into allies by inviting in the Unifying Story.
Pluto will act as our Tour Guide as we (with Mars, and all our allies) journey to the past to inform the present.
We’ll lead the charge in resolving universal conflict. In this council, we’ll mobilize our relations with our dangerous allies! We’ll discover how to transform detective stories into strategic guides. Sex magic dedicated to spiraling positive energetics into group human mind will be our guide. Let’s make sure we have much for which to be grateful. Our intention is to leave you feeling “ready for action” (ready for danger) — with glee!
In Councils 22-24, we’ll:
- Journey through the underworld with jaunty aplomb
- Turn adversaries into allies
- Metabolize poison
- Polish our storytelling skills to be effective voices for what we love
- Actualize the art of directing cultural attention through the ancient craft of public speaking
- Complete by magnetizing, cultivating, animating and spiraling forth into the memosphere the most irresistible, all inclusive guiding meta-narrative — We are all augurs inaugurating Earth’s Dream!
Councils 25-27: Considering Jupiter (Sun in Sagittarius) (11/29, 12/6, 12/13)
Jupiter proffers, what is the one way of relating to the world that is guaranteed replenishing and never depleting? The power of fierce blessing! The art of blessing redeems everything in our lives and serves to get us through the times when we must travel through the underworld.
Blessing does not mean letting go of critique, which is its necessary partner. We simply graduate beyond the dualism to see the intrinsic beauty in all things.
In these final Councils, we’ll:
- Gather blessings from all cultures that we may be agents of reciprocal blessing: “May it go well for you!” “And for you!”
- Learn to critique and bless
- Further practice the art of diagnosing and blessing (the latter conjures the wisdom the former needs to heal)
- Embody our customized Trickster with all necessary skills
- Bless each participant’s deepest heart’s desire, that our inner dedication may magnetize outward opportunity
- Celebrate our graduation in which our customized Trickster with all necessary skills steps into our body
- Bless the world!
About Caroline Casey
Caroline W. Casey is the host-creator, weaver of context for The Visionary Activist Show on Pacifica Radio Network. Her guests are leading contributors to a culture of reverent ingenuity, all teased into pertinence, and has been called “one of the best radio shows in America.” Critique and solution.
She has studied and practiced in many Mystery Schools, Quaballah, Gurdjieff, Zen Buddhism, Zen Swordsmanship, acquired a BA from Brown University in Myth, Fairy Tales and World Religions, studied Grail Legend with late great mythologist Joseph Campbell and cahooted with late Jungian Trickster James Hillman — and more. What was academic to them, we can now embody.
Her unique art of astro* mythological* political* guiding* meta-storytelling is presented in myriad multimedia venues. Primary astrological consultant for Time-Life Books’ 1989 book Cosmic Connections, she has offered mythological-astrological news analysis on ABC’s Nightline, CNN’s Crossfire, in People Magazine and many other media outlets. She has written astrological-political essays for Washingtonian magazine as well as an astrological-political column for George Magazine. Her audio book, Visionary Activist Astrology is published by Sounds True. She is the author of Making the Gods Work for You: The Astrological Language of the Psyche.
Caroline offers Trickster Training Council weekly teleclass as well as councils at a wide variety of conferences all over America as well as in South Africa (presenting at the Parliament of World Religions), Bali, Sweden, UK, New Zealand, Hawaii, the Caribbean, British Columbia. A rousing and frequent keynote speaker, offering the Mythic News at the Bioneers Conference,(for over a decade), Green Festivals, New Living Expo, etc. and with the great poet-ally Robert Bly for over 11 years at his Great Mother Conference. Caroline invites us to imagine, conjure and implement a more lovingly ingenious world.
She continues her studies of magic, mythology, literature and social activism all over the world.
More courses from the same author: Caroline Casey