Do you sometimes find that you sabotage your success? Do you get in your own way when you want to attract abundance? Avoid what needs to get done? Procrastinate on an important project, or scramble something that’s supposed to be easy? Me too, until I discovered how easily could clear the reasons why I was sabotaging my success or procrastinating in the first place.
If you’re not living the successful life you’ve been wanting and picturing, it’s likely that you have a major fear of success that is causing you to sabotage yourself. This simply means that we have negative images of success, or positive reasons to stay at our current levels of scarcity.
We all beat up on ourselves when we notice our sabotage behavior. We blame ourselves for procrastinating or scold ourselves for being late on a project, but the truth is, if we are sabotaging ourselves in these ways, we are just trying to keep ourselves emotionally safe. Otherwise, we wouldn’t do these annoying behaviors that get in our way. Remember, everything we do in our lives serves a purpose. And needing to feel emotionally safe is the number one reason we sabotage ourselves – and it “wins” every time.
Why Are You Sabotaging Your Success?
Can you think of any reasons that you might want to sabotage your success? Any reasons you might feel unsafe being successful?
Picture the you want in your life now – success in your personal life, in business, finances, or physical health. Picture it fully, and put yourself in this picture of success and abundance. Now notice anything that doesn’t feel totally comfortable about this scene. Is there any tension about having that success? Any discomfort? Any “yes buts…” that seem to be surfacing?
It may surprise you to find that you have strong emotional resistance to attracting success and abundance, but it’s incredibly common. More importantly, it’s incredibly simple to release your resistance to success with. All you need to do is identify and tap on the reasons you’re afraid to be your best you. Once you eliminate the reasons you sabotage, you will no longer need to repeat this energetic pattern.
Identify Your Fears Of Success
To identify more specifics about your fear of success, ask yourself the following questions:
- What’s the “downside” of getting this success I want?
- What’s the “upside” of staying where I am?
- How does it serve me to sabotage? (What’s the benefit of sabotage?)
The answers to these questions will lead you to the tapping sequences you need to use to break through your abundance barriers.
Examples of Sabotaging Your Success
Suppose you want to get promoted at work – what might be the “downside” of this success? Many people are afraid of other people’s jealousy and envy, so without knowing it, they sabotage their chances of getting promoted. In other words, they’d rather be safe and in their same position, than get promoted and have to put up with jealousy from co-workers.
Take another scenario and suppose you want to double your income – ask yourself the same questions:
- “What’s the downside of doubling my income?”
- “How does it serve me to stay earning my current salary?”
- How does it serve me to sabotage
- What’s the downside of starting your online business or getting your ebook published or reaching any other goal? You might be surprised by what answers you hear from inside…
- Common Reasons To Sabotage Success
Below are the most common answers I hear to the question: “What’s the downside to being successful?”
- I don’t want to stand out
- I’m afraid to shine
- They might criticize me
- I don’t deserve it so it will probably be taken away from me
- I can’t fail if I don’t succeed, so why succeed?
- The most common answers I hear to the question: “How does it serve you to stay the same?”
- I hate change
- I don’t want to rock the boat
- Who will I be if I’m successful?
- They can’t be jealous if I’m not successful
- I feel safer staying the way I am
It’s just easier this way…
Using EFT For Self Sabotaging Behavior
Let’s get tapping! Start with the karate chop point and then tap on the sequence of points with the wording I provide below. Feel free to change the phrasing to fit your exact fears, and enjoy the clearing!
Get immediately download Haled Carol Look EFT – I’m Afraid To Shine
Karate chop point: Even though I’m afraid to succeed because then I’ll stand out, I deeply and completely accept myself anyway… Even though it doesn’t feel safe to stand out and shine, I choose to get in alignment with success now… Even though I’m afraid of getting negative attention, I accept who I am and how I feel.
- Eyebrow: I’m afraid to stand out
- Side of Eye: If I succeed, they’ll notice me
- Under Eye: I don’t want to be a target for anyone
- Nose: They won’t like my success
- Chin: They’ll criticize my success
- Collarbone: They’ll be jealous and say something nasty
- Under Arm: I’ve always been afraid of success
- Head: It’s safer to stay where I am
- Take a deep breath, and continue tapping :
- Eyebrow: What if I could be successful and still feel safe?
- Side of Eye: I want to shine in everything I do!
- Under Eye: What if my success can feel safe and joyful?
- Nose: What if I’m supposed to be successful now?
- Chin: What if I ignore their jealous reactions?
- Collarbone: What if I could really start shining?
- Under Arm: I definitely want to shine!
- Head: I intend to shine because it’s good for everyone!
Take a deep breath, and then tap on the revised sequences below, again, changing the wording to suit your situation:
Karate chop point: Even though I’ve been sabotaging my success and didn’t know why, I choose to accept my fears and release them now… Even though I’ve been sabotaging my success so I don’t get negative attention, I choose to release these blocks and move on… Even though I thought it felt safer to sabotage my success, I choose to accept all of me anyway.
- Eyebrow: I’ve been sabotaging and now I know why
- Side of Eye: I’ve been so confused about my sabotage behavior
- Under Eye: Now it makes sense to me
- Nose: I just wanted to stay emotionally safe
- Chin: What if I can stay safe even if I’m successful?
- Collarbone: I want to feel successful now
- Under Arm: I deserve to be successful now
- Head: I choose to be successful now
Keep on any “reasons” you might be blocking yourself from attracting success and abundance and enjoy living your dream life!
About Carol Look
Carol Look, Intuitive Energy Healer, Psychotherapist, and EFT Master
I am passionate about helping you release your sabotage behavior so you can get unstuck, take back your power and live a life of your dreams!
If you are tired of playing small, hiding your gifts, and giving your power away… then I hope you will enjoy getting results from what I can offer you through my Abundance Coaching Program, the exclusive Diamond Inner Circle program and free information through my articles, newsletters, and videos.
I am Carol Look, an Intuitive Energy healer and EFT Master. In addition to being a traditional psychotherapist and abundance coach, I am an author, speaker, coach and the creator of “The Yes Code” – my unique coaching style that will help you clear your fears, find your “yes” and make the decisions that are right for you. I love results and I love helping people make the right choices! I feel so lucky and blessed to be able to do this rewarding work every day.
Before becoming an EFT Master, I was trained as a Clinical Psychotherapist and earned my Doctoral Degree in Clinical Hypnotherapy. I have been a pioneer in the EFT/ energy medicine field for 18 years, and am known for successfully combining my traditional training with energy medicine and my deep intuitive capacity to help lead clients exactly where they want to go.
- Have you ever blocked your success with procrastination?
- Have you ever felt like you were the only one getting in your own way?
- Has perfectionism ever blocked you from moving forward?
- Did you ever give your power away to someone or something in your life?
That was me before I found the right tools to help me eliminate my sabotage behavior, release resistance, and clear my blocks to deserving the best life I could have. I can help you clear these blocks to your success because I’ve been there. I used to be a master procrastinator, I’ve sabotaged my success, and of course I’ve been afraid to shine. I’ve shied away from what I want, I’ve been afraid of failure, and I got in my own way countless times.
But I learned extremely simple techniques to heal the fears and feelings behind these behaviors that were holding me back so I could overcome overwhelm and enjoy exceptional results in my life. And I can teach you how to use these tools too!
You may know me already from my signature EFT book, Attracting Abundance with EFT, as well as my two bestselling Amazon Kindle books on eliminating procrastination and emotional overeating. Maybe you found me on facebook and have connected with me there. Or maybe you’ve just been receiving my free newsletters with Law of Attraction stories and tapping sequences. If you want even more tools and resources to move you forward, then consider some of the new coaching programs I have been offering.
In addition to mentoring thousands of energy practitioners worldwide, I recently launched my Abundance Coaching Program for lay people, coaches, and practitioners who are passionate about coaching others to lead lives of exceptional success. For more information on coaching opportunities with me, visit the Coaching page.
More courses from the same author: Carol Look